There is no doubt that digital media and the Internet have changed the way that people access information and communicate with one another. There can be a very long list of things to learn and skills to develop in order to maximize the beneficial uses of the Internet. At the same time, there are many other specialized Internet issues to be learned as well, in order to maximize the positive use of the Internet for business. The question of perspective had become an issue when considering implementing twenty-first-century skills and especially in relation to the use of digital media for small enterprises.
Tips for digital fluency:
- Upskill and research on a daily basis. Subscribe to digital marketing publications that deliver the latest technological news on a daily basis and put 30 minutes in your calendar to browse.
- Test innovative tools. Test new digital tools that are available to see how they impact your enterprise especially marketing performance.
- Attend Digital Marketing Meet-up groups and events. Typically there are 3-4 events a week that invite the leaders in digital innovation to talk about what’s trending in the industry.
- Focus on strategy. It’s a lot easier to get someone to click or convert with A/B split testing and the best subject open lines. So make sure that person who clicks or converts is qualified is the trick to success.
- Embrace CRM. Make sure you use a CRM that supports sales and marketing automation so you have end-to-end data collection to analyze and make informed decisions on.
The important thing is to build both product knowledge and confidence in recommending products. Both are necessary to turn yourself into a driving force for digital adoption.